As a part of our focus on students and providing them with a student-centered experience that offers them a voice, all new or re-enrolling students will go through the Enrollment Pathway. The structure is as follows:
- Week 1 - Week 2: Future
- Students will meet with our College & Career Advisor, Mr. Chambers. The purpose of this meeting is to discuss and discover student interests, goals and a review of their graduation path.
- Week 2 - Week 3: Caring
- Students will meet with our school Social Worker, Mr. Rosas. The purpose of this meeting is to explore any personal support needs or strengths of the student. There are structures that provide ongoing or short-term support as well as leadership opportunities for growth and development.
- Week 3 - Week 4: Ownership
- Students will meet with our Drop-Out Prevention Specialist, Mr. Chavez. The purpose of this meeting is to review the student’s progress so far. Students will review attendance and grade performance and determine any possible goals, agreements or plans to support improvement and/or growth.
- Week 4 - Week 5: Unity
- Students will meet with the Assistant School Leader of Campus Life, Ms. VanDerNaalt. The purpose of this meeting is to elicit feedback from the student. Topics of discussion are: Enrollment Pathway experience, educational experience (teachers, curriculum, resources, etc.), Mentor feedback (if applicable) and overall Sidewinder experience.