Rules and procedures are enforced at Estrella High School for the purposes of maintaining a safe and drug-free learning environment:
- Respect - Total respect is required at all times by everyone at Estrella High School
- Closed Campus Policy- Estrella High School has a closed campus. Students must remain on school campus (including Fridays). Violation of this policy will result in a (1) day suspension.
- Telephone Calls - If a parent needs to contact a child, please phone the front office and the office personnel will get a message to the classroom teacher.
- Zero-Tolerance for Violence - Estrella High School strictly enforces a zero-tolerance policy concerning any type of violence. This includes verbal altercations.
- Zero-Tolerance for Gang Association and Gang Activity - Estrella High School strictly enforces a zero-tolerance policy concerning any type of gang association or gang activity.
- Zero-Tolerance for Illegal Substances and Weapons - Any involvement with the possession, use, or sale of any type of drug, alcohol, or other controlled substance will result in notification to the authorities. Weapons, or any other dangerous items, are not allowed on campus.
- Electronic Devices, Cell Phones, and MP3 Players - are not to be visible, or used in class time. If a staff member witnesses the use of any of these devices it will be confiscated. EHS is NOT responsible for items stolen or damaged on campus. The owner assumes all risks for cell phone and personal property brought to school.
- Head Gear - Students are not allowed to wear or bring anything for their heads in the classroom.
- Markers and "Tagging Books" - Students are not allowed to possess any type of markers/paints, pens, or tagging books on campus.
- Trash-Littering - Please pick-up after yourself and any other debris you may see.
- Student Identification - Student ID must be worn and visible at all times while on campus, on the bus, or at school related activities. The first ID card is issued at no charge; there is a $5.00 replacement charge for lost or stolen ID cards.
- Restroom/Break Policy - Students will be allowed to leave the classroom with a teacher's permission ONLY between the first 40 minutes and last 40 minutes of each class to use the restroom, or go to the office for medication.
- All State Education Laws are enforced at all times on this campus.